The Finance Manager will be responsible for analyzing business unit performance and supporting the operational business leaders to help drive profitable growth and return on investment. This position will also lead group wide projects and initiatives working with varying levels of the organization. This person will partner with Repair & Engineering network Controllers and GMs and work closely with shared Finance & Accounting groups at WHQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze business unit performance on a monthly and quarterly basis focusing on critical business drivers, identify trends, recommend improvements accordingly, and implement solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance financial and operational performance
Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of multiple factors and departments
- Manage the group’s cash positions through times of high and low liquidity
- Lead the group through the development of the operating plan and manage the implementation of the plan throughout the group
- Support monthly forecasting efforts including free cash flow
- Review annual budget, capital and operating (P & L) forecast and present monthly & quarterly comparison of actual versus budgeted or forecasted results and variance analysis
- Assist with financial models prepared in support of new business
- Develop and administer cost models showing Market Profitability using various revenues indicators and cost drivers, providing strategic input and group direction in selecting or discontinuing a product or service line.
- Assist with preparation of Senior Management presentations and communications including Board of Directors meetings and earnings releases.
- Maintain frequent communication with and providing guidance and support to senior leadership helping to ensure they are implementing actions to exceed annual financial budget
- Build partnerships and strong rapport with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Considerable contact with varying levels of management requiring effective oral and written communication skills.
- Motivated, team- oriented individual with opportunities to coach and develop others
- Operate independently with significant interface across organizations and levels.
- Balance competing demands while achieving timelines
- Ad hoc requests to support complex decision-making.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Experience leading functional teams and processes.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner, proven ability to interact with all levels of management to communicate financial results
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Problem Solving: ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes, strong analytical skills and ability to manage ambiguity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Oracle PBCS and/or Lawson experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, PTO, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth.
To apply for this job please visit aarcorp.taleo.net.