What We’re Looking For:
NetMotion Software is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to work on our IT team out of our Seattle office. This team member will develop and maintain functional and secure networks. To optimize the network for our users, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture. If you’re also passionate about security and data protections, we’d love to chat!
As our Sr. Network Engineer, you will:
• Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN, SDWAN)
• Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, software upgrades, patch management.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports on a regular basis to (upper) management.
• Resolve helpdesk tickets by troubleshooting on-prem and cloud infrastructure for all NetMotion office locations
• Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
• Mentor IT team members on technical issues
• Assist our security team in implementing and ensuring all proper security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery) are in place and working as expected.
• Communicate with employees on networking issues
• Maintain complete technical documentation
• Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
• Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
• Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP, CCIE)
• Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
• Experience with SDWAN is desirable.
• Previous experience working on Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, Firepower, WiFi and ASR devices
• Previous experience working in a VMWare environment – experience with NSX desirable
• IPv6 experience
• Familiarity with access control models, network security and BCP/DR design.
• Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Powershell, Python, Perl)
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. Cisco network tools)
• Solid understanding of network operating systems
• Sharp troubleshooting skills
• Configure, Monitor, and Troubleshoot Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational and mentoring skills
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
• Health and life benefits, along with a competitive 401k plan and a company match
• Flexible vacation, company paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and paid parental leave
• Commuting and fitness benefits
• Monthly morale events and random treat days!
NetMotion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; national origin; ancestry; religion; creed; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; marital status; economic status; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; age; veteran status; or the use of a service animal.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.