The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
General Responsibilities include:
- Generate local revenue for WHTM by selling problem-solving ideas using all available advertising tools, including commercial spot time, digital marketing solutions, sales packages and sales promotions
- Prospect and develop new direct advertising clients for WHTM
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with advertisers and agencies by partnering with the customers, making personal sales calls, providing quality customer service and being pro-active in dispute resolution
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Effectively develop written and oral proposals and presentations
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Develop account strategies with sales management
- Effectively negotiate rates, advertising schedules and make goods
- Understand and effectively utilize ratings and market research
- Write and process orders and make goods
- Manage collections to insure accounts are paid within 90 days
- Basic understanding of business principles
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic, punctual and superior people skills
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.