Website Northwest Youth Services
Northwest Youth Services is excited to announce that we are seeking applicants for our Whatcom Outreach Manager position!
Come join our team of dedicated professionals, who are committed to meeting youth where they are, with open minds and hearts.
About Northwest Youth Services:
Northwest Youth Services is the only non-profit organization dedicated to serving young people ages 13-24 experiencing or at-risk of homelessness in Whatcom and Skagit Counties. We support youth in identifying goals and building the skills necessary to reach their own sense of stability. Northwest Youth Services offers housing, street outreach, help finding a job or enrolling in school, connection to mental health services, support for LGBTQ youth, restorative justice for juvenile offenders, and referrals to other services in the community.
Annually, we serve more than 1,250 youth between the ages of 13-24. What sets us apart is how we do what we do. At the core of our work is heart and relationships. Known for our strengths-based and trauma-informed approach, including a commitment to harm reduction, we meet youth where they are, with open minds and open hearts. As much an advocate for social justice as a direct service provider, we have a strong track record of serving LGBTQ youth and youth of color. Rather than dictate what youth should or must do to access services and remain in our programs, we offer options and a safety net to support them in achieving their own goals. We want what’s best for each individual and see the best in them.
Our Mission, Values, and Vision:
Mission: At Northwest Youth Services, we affirm youth experience and autonomy, as we work together to foster collective healing and justice, in order to dismantle the systems of oppression that perpetuate youth homelessness.
Community – We promote interdependence and recognize that everybody needs a community to thrive. We know that we are stronger together.
Justice & Liberation – We believe that it is critical to acknowledge, name, and actively work to dismantle the historic systems and societal structures that fuel crisis and poverty.
Humanity – We work with respect and compassion for each other and believe that everyone deserves to belong: to be safe, heard, and valued.
Accountability – We believe that no one is done learning; as a community we hold each other to a high standard, and work to educate, grow and heal together.
Vision: Guided by our core values and commitment to becoming an Anti-Racist organization, Northwest Youth Services envisions a community in which all young people are seen as catalysts in creating a just and liberated society that supports each of our unique journeys through life.
This position contributes to NWYS’ success by supervising and supporting direct service staff in engaging at-risk, runaway, and homeless youth to help them stay safer and gain access to services needed to thrive.
The Whatcom Outreach Manager leads the Street Outreach team toward achieving the vision of the services, in collaboration with other Engagement service staff.
For more information about this position and all open NWYS positions, please visit our website at the following link: https://www.nwys.org/jobs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; or a minimum of one year experience working with youth in crisis ages 11-24, or
- Three years’ experience working with other vulnerable populations
- One year supervisory experience;
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Proof of Washington State Driver’s License, driving record, and auto insurance; and
- Must pass background checks.
Required within first 30 days of employment:
- CPR/First Aid/Blood borne pathogens certifications required;
- Food Handler’s Card;
- Must have a negative TB test; and
- Full understanding of the CPS reporting requirements.
- Master’s degree in Human Services or closely related field;
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer coordinator, training, and support;
- Demonstrated experience working with people who are homeless; and
- Previous training in de-escalation, Positive Youth Development, CSEC, Domestic Violence, Youth Mental Health First Aid, or other related trainings.
- Starting Wage Range: $22.63 – 25.22 per hour;
- Earn 22 hours of PTO (sick and vacation) per month, vacation increases after first year of employment.
- Health benefits begin first month following two full months of employment.
- Simple IRA Retirement plan with match up to 3% of employee contributions, per pay period, after first year of employment.
- The position is located in beautiful Whatcom County, Washington, in the Pacific Northwest
Position opened until filled. Applicant review will begin October 21, 2021.
Women, people of color, transgender individuals, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: A cover letter and resume are preferred when applying for this position. Please address your experience related to the position and list how you meet the required minimum and preferred qualifications. For more information about Northwest Youth Services please visit our website at https://www.nwys.org
Northwest Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity employer. Employment is based upon individual qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disabilities, political ideology, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Alumni of foster care and those who have experienced youth homelessness are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org