Website Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
ABOUT OXBOW FARM & CONSERVATION CENTER
Located on 240 acres of forest and grassland bordered by Western Washington’s Snoqualmie River, Oxbow’s mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations. We have recently adopted a ten-year vision to dramatically increase our impact and reach, and to diversify our sources of funding. We seek to become a vibrant hub for inspiration and learning, known for our creative and engaging year-round programming—a source for real-time practices that promote climate resilience and excite people to make choices in support of healthy food and a sustainable environment. We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our management team as we embark on these ambitious plans.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Oxbow has an exciting new position to help the organization increase and elevate community engagement, events, membership and outreach. If you love taking creative concepts and building engaging, interactive and on-brand event experiences AND you love producing these experiences, this may be your dream job. If you think about how people interact with the physical environment and how to build lifelong memories from experiences, you may be the right candidate. The position will play a leading role in connecting Oxbow to the broader community through public events and engagement programs as well as through private events. Producing events and designing compelling and interactive environments are important functions of the position. We are looking for a strong people leader with a positive, can-do attitude, who enjoys public-facing work, and who shares our passion for food, farming, and the environment. Our annual events calendar includes a wide variety of themed events, ranging from 10-1000 attendees, including an annual farm-to-table fundraising dinner and auction, a fall month-long harvest festival, and monthly onsite public engagement events. The position requires working some weekends and evenings.
Event Design & Production 50%
- Develop and execute event plans that bring creative event concepts to life including but not limited to: site maps, drawings and event design standards. Accountable for event design that aligns with and expresses the Oxbow brand identity.
- Cultivate a network of experiential programming contacts whose services and program align with event goals and meet Oxbow event standards (e.g. performers, artists or food artisans)
- Utilize event space layouts, timelines, checklists, and project management tools for each event, and suggest use of new or updated tools when needed
- Serve as liaison between Oxbow and external vendors (rental companies, caterers, other suppliers) on event-related matters
- Supervise on-site production, break-down, and clean-up for events, some of which may occur on weekends or evenings
- Elevate event experience at Oxbow to create lifelong memories for participants
- Collaborate with Director of Business Development and the Marketing Manager to design on-site member engagements and new event concepts.
- Maintain a pulse on market needs and opportunities for new programming and partnerships
Internal Collaboration & Program Oversight: 30%
- Maintain a master events calendar and update Oxbow staff on upcoming events
- Develop plans for public facing events that align with organizational goals and meet requirements of partners and sponsors.
- Develop and execute on-site signage plans with support from Marketing.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to develop event marketing strategies and messaging for Oxbow’s website, email, and social media
- Coordinate logistics and communicate internal needs for event space and materials
- Accountable for conducting pre-event site-walks and venue prep plans working closing with the Site Manager that deliver highest quality participant experience
- Identify event material and décor needs, coordinate placement, and ensure post-event cleaning and return of items
- Assist in budget preparation, expenditure monitoring, and event materials inventory and storage
- As key liaison for outside event partners and sponsors, ensure partner event promotions are planned and executed in collaboration with the Oxbow Marketing Team.
- Plan for and deliver sponsorship related benefits and provide project and metrics tracking
- Measure engagement and assess overall ROI of engagements
Venue Rentals and Event Team Management – 15%
- Manage and delegate work to Event Assistant roles as well as seasonal event staff
- Hire and onboard seasonal staff for Fall event season
- Create the business plan for venue rentals and ensure consist messaging in partnership with Marketing Manager.
- Ensure that all concerned parties understand event flow and work alongside corporate event planners (if applicable) to understand and accommodate needs
- Ensure events meet sustainability standards
- Manage and finalize run-of-show execution plan
- Ensure venue rental inquiries receive prompt and productive responses
- In partnership with Marketing Manager, develop venue rental materials
- Negotiate and finalize venue rental contracts and agreements.
Membership program development & coordination – 5%
- Develop strategy and plans for Oxbow Member benefit activations within public event programs
- Produce member events
- Direct the work of the Event Assistant who is accountable for membership communications and reporting
- At least 4+ years of experience in event design, event production and planning.
- Experience managing people and production staff
- Experience managing to a budget, and developing projections and scenario planning for fundraising events.
- Adept at managing multiple projects at once using collaborative project management tools
- Ability to oversee light construction of event materials
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Positive leadership skills
- Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to present concepts to stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of experiential design and/or interactive programming a plus
- Graphic design/photo editing experience a plus
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) on a daily basis
- Self-starter; able to take initiative in the face of ambiguity, create alignment of key constituencies and drive to action
- Fluent working in Microsoft suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ability to work independently and within a team
Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional. A commitment to Oxbow’s overall mission and working as part of a team is critical.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Oxbow is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We value the individual differences, life experiences, and knowledge that our staff members bring to their work and their communities. Valuing diversity is a significant part of our culture, our values, and the success of Oxbow’s mission.
Oxbow provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Oxbow is committed to fostering a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.
This is a regular, full-time position, with a competitive compensation package, including 100% employer paid healthcare, annual dental stipend, generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary depends on qualifications.
Please email a resume, letter of interest, and 3 references to Tara Baron- Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write Events & Engagement Manager in the email subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
Applications received by Tuesday, March 23, 2021 will have first consideration. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after this until all positions are filled.
To see this job posting, and our other open jobs, on our website: oxbow.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com