Website San Diego Natural History Museum
The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking for a passionate mission supporting Special Event Staff. She/he will be responsible assisting with the load-in and load-out of events, assisting in the set-up and break-down of Museum events, assisting in ensuring the safety of the Museum, having a Museum presence. This position requires the coordination of on-site event activities, including working with vendors, clients and guests, while continually maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor. Hours are determined on as-needed basis.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reviews work order and becomes familiar with purpose/type of event, timeline/agenda of the event, as well as diagrams for each location.
- Communicates with on-site Event Coordinator, Event Manager, or Director of Events.
- Assists with set-up and break-down of events.
- Follows designated directions from on-site Event Coordinator, Event Manager, Director of Events, or Special Events lead.
- Maintains museum presence while guests and vendors are inside the facility.
- Provides post-event feedback to Event Coordinator, Event Manager, Director of Events, or Special Events lead.
- Communicates with the Food and Beverage staff to ensure all contracted services are in place by the allotted time.
Museum Safety and Cleanliness
- Assists to ensure that Fire, City, Police, Park, Facility, and Alcohol codes are being followed to ensure that Museum is operating within the law.
- Be prepared to evacuate guests if necessary.
- Works with Facilities staff at the end of the event to ensure that all exhibit areas/items are returned to regular for the Museum to open the next day.
- Works with the Food and Beverage staff at the end of the event to ensure that all items are returned to its proper storage location.
Vendor Load-in and Load-out
- Ensures that only appropriate vendors access loading areas.
- Operates Sidewalk Lift and Freight Elevator for vendors if Building Operations staff is unavailable.
- Follows wristband procedures as vendors arrive for load-in and when vendor crew returns for load-out.
- Stops unauthorized vendors or Balboa Park guests from entering the Museum during load-in and load-out.
- Ensures vendors are following facility guidelines.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Comfortable dealing with a wide array of guests, vendors, and customer service situations.
- Must have reliable form of communication (phone, email)
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- If hired a (Live Scan) background check will be required.
- Flexible with scheduling of shifts and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
In compliance with the San Diego Natural History Museum’s mandatory vaccination policy, the Museum requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accommodations based on medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Employees enjoy free admission into all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park. This is a part-time/as-needed position.
Qualified applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop in visits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com