Southwest Human Development is seeking a training specialist for the Quality First Academy (QFA). QFA is part of the national movement to improve the quality of child care systems. The role of the QFA is to provide data driven professional development to Technical Assistance Providers (Mental Health Consultants, Inclusion Specialists, Childcare Health Consultants, Assessors, and Early Childhood Education Coaches) through a comprehensive, integrated and collaborative learning model that develops core knowledge, essential skills, and required competencies that drive change and promote sustainability in child care centers.
As a Training Specialist, you will:
- Develop and implement Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) training and professional development to First Things First/ Quality First Technical Assistance Professionals.
- Assist in the delivery of the QFA Curriculum through in person facilitation of Community of Learner sessions and virtual learning experiences
- Ensure professional development delivery grounded in adult learning principles
- Participate as a leader in the QFA Content Team continuous quality improvement process
- Utilize QFA program delivery data for continuous quality improvement and planning
- Contribute to the ongoing development and delivery QFA professional development materials
- Interface with Quality First program consultants/ coaches
- Assure statewide collaboration and integration of the QFA within inter- and intra-agency activities
- Work in conjunction with community partners/ stakeholders to expand service opportunities
- Work under general direction according to agency mission, philosophy, core values, codes of ethics, and goals.
Education, experience and other qualifications:
BA/BS required, MA highly preferred – Early Childhood Education, Family Studies, related field
A minimum of five (5) years early childhood education experience, including knowledge and experience in adult learning strategies and professional development facilitation
Must have or have the ability to obtain Professional Development Instructor status on the Arizona Statewide Workforce Registry
Ability to travel statewide to deliver professional development
Excellent written and oral language skills and organizational and interpersonal skills
This position is offered full-time with an excellent benefits package. Southwest Human Development is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Jropp@swhd.org