Note: please only apply to this application if you currently hold a Special Education Teaching license. If you are interested in our ASPIRE program and attaining a license, please complete the “Network Special Education Teacher” application.
Position: K-5 Multi-Intensive Center Special Education Teacher (Center Setting)
Reports to: Multi-Intensive Center Director
Location: STRIVE Prep – Ruby Hill
Salary: $41,000 – $58,000, based on years of K-12 teacher of record experience. In addition, we award a $3,000 stipend for all our licensed Special Education Teachers. Finally, your IEP caseload at STRIVE would typically be 10-15 scholars max. Please reach out to email@example.com with additional questions about compensation.
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
Core Beliefs – Achievement
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs – Justice
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias, and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body, mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each person can bring their full, authentic self.
Core Beliefs – Perseverance
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing the right thing even when the road is tough.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in Special Education.
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Collaborate with general education teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, and the English Language Development Director to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice-annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Basic understanding of culturally responsive teaching and critical pedagogy framework
- Current CO Teaching License with a Special Education Endorsement. You can find more information here.
- All teachers at STRIVE Prep must be fully qualified to provide English Language Acquisition (ELA) services through one of the following means: the DPS ELA Training Program, advanced coursework, or a Colorado endorsement. Teachers who are not ELA qualified at the time of hire will be required to complete the DPS ELA training program during their first two years of employment at STRIVE Prep.
- Speaks Spanish
- Strong understanding of instructional strategies to support Emergent Bilinguals / Language Learners
- Experience working with historically marginalized communities in any setting
- Strong understanding of achieving academic excellence through culturally responsive teaching and critical pedagogy framework
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of K-12 teacher of record experience and other relevant factors allowable by Colorado law and STRIVE Prep policy.
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical coverage
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in the Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) pension program (in lieu of Social Security tax) with an option to elect into a competitive 401(k) plan.
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful completion of a full school year
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
- Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)
- This position may be eligible to be considered for the following stipend(s) determined by the Principal and based on campus need:
- SPED Teacher @ 270 student model campuses:
- 504 Coordinator- $100 per student per year. [Only available at 270 middle schools without an APSS]
- GT Coordinator- $400 per year + $10 per ALP/TP per year
- SPED Teacher @ traditional student model campuses:
- GT Coordinator $400 per year + $10 per ALP/TP per year
- SPED Teacher @ 270 student model campuses:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.