Position: Secondary Science Teacher
Reports to: Assistant Principal of Instruction
Location: STRIVE Prep – Westwood and/or additional campuses TBD
Salary: $41,000 – $58,000* based on years of experience
*This position is eligible for a $2,000 STEM signing bonus in addition to other potential compensation listed below*
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
Core Beliefs – Achievement
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs – Justice
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias, and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body, mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each person can bring their full, authentic self.
Core Beliefs – Perseverance
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing the right thing even when the road is tough.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high-quality instruction in Middle or High School Science.
- Analyze student assessment data and determine the next steps.
- Build and revise the curriculum to best meet the needs of students.
- Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their progress.
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum specialists, and the special education team to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 30 students.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful and welcoming classroom environment.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during both lunch and recess activities.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute in July as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Achieve Qualified Teacher status (teacher’s license not required) within six weeks of starting through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education. You can find more information here.
- All teachers at STRIVE Prep must be fully qualified to provide English Language Acquisition (ELA) services through one of the following means: the DPS ELA Training Program, advanced coursework, or a Colorado endorsement. Teachers who are not ELA qualified at the time of hire will be required to complete the DPS ELA training program during their first two years of employment at STRIVE Prep.
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners
- Demonstrated success working with people, particularly students, from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of K-12 teacher of record experience and other relevant factors allowable by Colorado law and STRIVE Prep policy.
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical coverage
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in the Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) pension program (in lieu of Social Security tax) with an option to elect into a competitive 401(k) plan.
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful completion of a full school year
- This position may be eligible to be considered for the following stipend(s) determined by the Principal and based on campus need.
- Course Facilitator: $1000 per year
- Course Lead: $3000 per year
- Department Lead:
- -$2000 per year (360 student enrollment schools)
- -$1000 per year (270 student enrollment schools)
- Grade Level Lead: $4000 per year
- Homework Center: $3000 per year
- GT Coordinator: $400 per year + $10 per ALP/TP per year
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
- Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.