Note: We offer a pathway to obtain your SpEd Teaching license by paying for your tuition to CU Denver’s ASPIRE program.
Position: Special Education Teacher (Mild/Mod Setting, Co-Teaching Model)
Reports to: Special Education Chair
Location: STRIVE Prep – GVR Middle School or STRIVE Prep – Westwood Middle School or STRIVE Prep – RISE High School
Salary: $41,000 – $58,000, based on years of K-12 lead experience + a $2,000 signing bonus. In addition, we award a $3,000 stipend for SpEd staff who hold a current CO SpEd license.
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- A commitment to the social-emotional well-being of all scholars and the culture of the school. If the opening is located at any of the following STRIVE Prep campuses: Kepner, Montbello, Green Valley Ranch, or Federal this position will utilize the COMPASS: Valor’s Social-Emotional Approach. We encourage you to check out this amazing program!
NICE TO HAVES
- Speaks Spanish
- Strong understanding of instructional strategies to support Emergent Bilinguals / Language Learners
- Experience working with historically marginalized communities in any setting
- Strong understanding of achieving academic excellence through culturally responsive teaching and critical pedagogy framework
Why be a SpEd Teacher at STRIVE Prep?
- If you have a current CO SpEd license, you will receive an annual $3,000 stipend in addition to your base salary. Our base salary for teachers is $41,000 to $58,000 based on years of experience which, with the stipend, makes us competitive with surrounding networks and districts including DPS. Finally, our annual Pay for Performance increase for staff is typically around 4%.
- Our IEP caseloads for mild/mod teachers is no more than 15 and no more than 5 for our center-based program teachers. This is almost half of what a typical caseload can be in a public school district.
- We offer high-quality weekly coaching and support from a campus-based Special Education Department Chair or Center Director. You will also receive differentiated development from our Directors of Special Education.
- You have the opportunity for expanding your impact in multiple roles and career trajectory opportunities.
- We pay 100% of individual benefits which can equate to $6,000 in savings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in Special Education.
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Collaborate with general education teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, and the English Language Development Director to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 15-30 students.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice-annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
- Competitive Compensation and benefits including paying 100% of individual benefits.
- On average, our network provides a 4% annual salary increase which is one of the highest in the Denver education market.
- STRIVE Prep 5 Year Club: After 5 years of continual employment, all employees are eligible for your choice of a 3 weeks paid Sabbatical or a pay out.
- Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth.
- Equipment provided: laptop
- Weekly coaching sessions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire! You can also connect directly with a member of our Talent Team here with questions: calendly.com/amanda-jackson-striveprep
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.