Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in over 100 countries. Rapidly approaching a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 60 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
As a member of the Guest Supply senior leadership team, the Vice President, Distribution Operations is responsible for all aspects of long range strategic planning for the Company’s Re-Distribution Center and other Distribution Centers, domestic and internationally, incorporating the latest software and technology for the management of warehouse inventory and logistics in support of the Company’s strategic, operational and annual growth plans.
- Set overall strategy for multiple Distribution Centers; develop and implement specific short- and long-term plans and programs in order to support the operational goals and annual growth plans. Oversee the development and implementation of strategies, including but not limited to: performance metrics; technology, systems, equipment and facilities; logistics planning and output; policies & procedures; organizational development, workforce planning and training efforts.
- Responsible for the P&L of all Distribution Center locations; oversee the development of annual budgets to ensure facilities execute to minimize expenses. Review performance metrics against operating plans and standards; provide reports to direct reports on interpretation of results and provide direction to address issues. Diagnose operational issues and assist Managers in the development of solutions, action plans and communication to resolve issues.
- Talent Management – Direct planning and development of Distribution Operations team and establishment of goals for their performance. Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to managers on progress towards goals. Coach and develop management in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service. Counsel and direct management on handling employee relations, staffing, disciplinary actions and maintaining a positive work environment. Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and suggestions for improvement. Participate in staff selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary. Promote continuous training and development of associates.
- Lead and facilitate change management in support of organizational goals.
- Ensure that all Distribution Centers are in compliance with local, regional and federal laws and required documentation. Proactively manage safety; immediately respond to any concerns and conduct proper follow up to ensure the issue was addressed.
- Analyze growth of operating company against each Distribution Center’s facility size and location to accommodate and maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business. Recommend and implement changes as needed.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management, Supply Chain or Business Administration
- 10 years’ distribution, supply chain and logistics experience, including operational management required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management of multiple Distribution Centers preferred.
- DOT and OSHA knowledge required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build, grow and inspire individuals and teams and manage effectively up, down and across an organization. Collaborative management style. Work alongside individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward, holding teams accountable for forecasts and other sales objectives. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Recognizes and acknowledges the value others bring to the organization. Exhibits a high level of trust and accountability.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.