Website The Huntington
At The Huntington, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to support and promote the appreciation of the humanities, the arts, and botanical science. The Huntington is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Founded in 1919, The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens is a collections-based research and educational institution open to the public, housing world-class library, art, and botanical collections. Its mission is to support research and promote education in the arts, humanities, and botanical science and to display and interpret its extraordinary resources for diverse audiences.
Here we are committed to the highest of standards in all that we do – from preserving and protecting the collections, to exhibitions, educational and scholarly programming, visitor and reader services, and beyond. Achieving excellence across these pursuits requires a diversity of perspectives, expertise, experience, and methodologies. We are better together. We believe an explicit commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion directly impacts and improves staff and audience engagement and experience.
The Huntington seeks a talented and experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team. The HR Generalist will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as talent acquisition. This role and will be a key business partner and have an impact in day-to-day HR operations, change management, culture & communication.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Talent Acquisition – Head Talent Acquisitions by working with hiring managers on open positions. You will source & recruit talent while integrating The Huntington’s DEI plan. You will interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; you will also collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Build a pipeline of candidates for future roles.
- Onboarding – You will work with the Assistant Director of HR on onboarding plans that address goals, supervisory/reporting structure, training, and integration into the firm.
- Talent Management – You will work with managers to execute on strategic plans to mentor, motivate, and retain employees, helping the firm to achieve its long-term goals.
- HR Research and legal compliance – You will maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law.
- Employee Relations – Provide training to leaders regarding proper interviewing techniques. Investigate discrimination or harassment claims as needed. Conduct exit interviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS) or human resources information systems (HRIS) desired, but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication, and analytical skills.
- Strong organization skills. Able to meet deadlines. Able to understand issues and take initiative to develop and implement ways to address them.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills, and professional demeanor in communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the institution and others.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience (required)
- Experience with Workday (preferred)
We provide completive compensation, generous benefits and perks for all eligible employees including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403(b) basic retirement plan and optional matching retirement plan with an outstanding employer match
- Considerable paid time off, including annual leave, sick leave, and holidays
- Commuter benefits (pre-tax income for mass transit expenses and free parking)
- Discounts for staff in The Huntington Store and restaurants
- Access to the Museums Council pass, which grants free admission to various museums and cultural institutions
- Free passes each month to welcome family and friends to visit the grounds
Please apply at https://huntingtonlibrary.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/HuntingtonCareers/job/San-Marino/Human-Resources-Generalist_R0000483
To apply for this job please visit huntingtonlibrary.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.