This position will provide technical, business, and organizational skills for UT Austin’s Data Center Command Center. The position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating duties and processes in the operating and monitoring of computer systems and peripheral equipment within a data center environment. The position helps ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of the data center. This role also will provide subject matter expertise, work assignments, evaluation, training, team direction, and support leadership, and guidance to others. Planned 40 hours per week, and requires the flexibility to interact with and occasionally cover any necessary shifts and cover peak hours with occasional weekends and emergency coverage.
$56,000 + depending on qualifications
- Coordinate the many aspects of the daily functions of computer operators in the Command Center of the University Data Center environment including inventory, ongoing training, process updates, issue escalations, other duties and required.
- Oversee monitoring and the operation of computer system consoles.
- Review and monitor processes and procedures, staffing coverage, and additional daily functions, providing feedback and guidance to operators and management regarding functionality and changing needs.
- Provide support and communication to operators, management, analysts, system staff, and end-users.
- Provide communication and guidance for processes and procedures to improve uniformity and customer experience following standards and procedures for data center operations.
- Coordinate staffing schedules. Driving university-owned vehicles to job sites will be required for this position.
- Coordinate and lead training of new team members and end-users.
- Coordinate and direct activities of the group including assigning and leading work.
- Marginal/Incidental Functions: Maintain acceptable driver rating as established in Policy UTS157 Section 2.5.4. Other related functions as assigned.
- Experience in Information Technology in data centers.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Skill at coordinating and directing activities of a group including assigning and leading work.
- Ability to oversee one or more information technology groups or functions.
- Strong skills in documentation and report writing.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with other functions and units.
- Above-average organization skills with the ability to exercise discretion and ingenuity to determine the proper course of action while following established standards.
- Current Class “C” Operator Driver License required. Prior to the date of hire, the applicant selected must provide a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) showing a driving history going back 36 months. This includes all states resided in for the past 36 months. MVR will be evaluated to determine eligibility to drive a university-owned vehicle. If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and have the ability to identify, define, interpret and resolve issues. Desire for excellence in customer service and continual process improvement skills.
- Experience working in a higher education environment. Elevated interpersonal relations skills including written and oral communications.
- Computer Science, Business or Technical Degree.
- Solid technical understanding of computers, networking, and enterprise incident tracking tools involved in critical data center operations.
- Experience providing support in the operation of computers and auxiliary equipment.
- Experience providing support to mission-critical data center operations.
- Two or more years of experience involved in Information Technology in higher education.
- Working knowledge of Networking: concepts, protocols, and cabling.
- System administration of Windows and/or Mainframe platforms.
- Ability and willingness to think outside the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with a minimal impact on reliability.
- Expert knowledge of MS-Office Suite of products Windows 2000 or later, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Your skill will make a difference.
You’ll be working for a university that is internationally recognized for research and the work you do will make a difference in the lives of our students, faculty, and staff. If you’re the type of person that wants to know your work has meaning and impact then you’ll like working for our campus.
The University of Texas at Austin and Information Technology Services provides an outstanding benefits package to our staff. Those benefits include:
- Competitive health benefits (Employee premiums covered 100%)
- Vision, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance options
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Teachers Retirement System of Texas (a defined benefits program)
- Additional UTSaver Voluntary Retirement Program (both 403(b) and 457(b))
- Flexible spending account options
- Training and conference opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Athletic ticket discounts
- Access to UT Austin’s 19 libraries and museums
- Free rides on all UT Shuttle and Capital metro buses with staff ID card
- Free night rides (by Lyft) from the main campus along UT Shuttle Routes from 11 pm – 4 am
To apply for this job please visit utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.