Website Your Other Half
The Small Business People Experts
About Your Other Half
Your Other Half is a human resources and recruiting firm that helps small businesses grow. We partner with business owners to create happy, profit-generating teams through effective human resources and people operations practices. We are an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, creative team of fifteen, looking for someone who loves supporting executives and creating structure to join our team.
About the Role
The Human Resources Business Partner will work directly with YOH’s clients to ensure client success across all projects, by identifying the client’s business goals and strategically aligning Human Resources services to achieve those business goals. The Human Resources Business Partner will then work with the internal HR team in defining and completing those services. This role will own client success by successfully identifying clients’ problems and implementing effective solutions, managing client questions, concerns and contact, and proactively managing client engagement and upsell opportunities. While this role reports into the CEO, it will work most closely with the Human Resources Project Manager and Human Resources Associate, focusing on the successful completion of client work.
The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for:
- Identifying new and current client needs as they emerge, actively consult and advise clients on YOH’s ability to strategically meet those needs through additional products and services;
- Managing all aspects of client service, including attending all client calls and proactively managing all client needs in concert with the other HR practitioners;
- Confidently and comfortably address the needs, concerns and frustrations of clients and clients’ employees during difficult and stressful Human Resources and/or client engagement situations;
- Address client and clients’ employees needs with a positive, calm manner and solutions orientation – finding a path forward regardless of the frustration of the moment;
- Liaising with internal staff and clients to manage client Human Resources needs proactively and professionally;
- Maintain quality assurance and adherence to process across all consulting services delivered to clients, acting as a final check before documents go out;
- Assist in updating client, and internal, policies and practices based on changing employment law or science-backed, best human resources practices;
- Preparing, sending and reviewing Human Resources on-boarding and hiring documents, using web-based software;
- Maintaining digital Human Resources files on behalf of our clients, in accordance with Human Resources best practices and applicable laws;
- Managing the benefits quoting process with insurance brokers, payroll companies and PEOs, including gathering census data and required documents;
- Preparing and processing payroll, using web-based software;
- Managing Human Resources data, including client HRIS systems, as well as Human Resources calendars, spreadsheets and timelines;
- Managing distribution and recording of required data, such as sending annual notices and recording employees’ receipts; and
- Contributing to the ongoing development and growth of YOH’s HR services.
A strong candidate will have:
- At least ten years of Human resources experience, with at least two years working with senior leaders (C-Suite preferred, VP level or higher required) in advising, managing and executing strategic HR projects;
- Experience identifying and executing HR needs for multiple business units, with experience working in multiple states, multiple business units, and across different departments strongly preferred;
- Experience acting as a consultative partner, either as an internal HR leader working with the leaders of various business units within a company, or working for a PEO, consultancy or other business services agency delivering for clients;
- A current or former HR Business Partner, Associate HRBP, Senior HR Generalist or HR Generalist with at least five (5) years of demonstrated experience;
- Possess a strong working knowledge of federal Human Resources law, statutes and practice, as well as some experience with the same in New York or California;
- Be a superb communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong ability quickly and naturally draft correspondence that is friendly and professional in tone, and a demonstrated ability to write and edit adeptly;
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, with a master’s degree preferred and preference given to degrees in business or human resources;
- Calm under pressure and unflappable in the face of timely or urgent requests, or confusion, upset or frustration from clients or clients’ employees;
- SUPER detail-oriented, with the ability to ensure accuracy and high quality across multiple responsibilities, and prioritizing amongst them with ease;
- A team player, with a positive, optimistic attitude, and the ability to recognize and celebrate wins of all sizes;
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to take initiative without direct supervision;
- Able to not only do the work, but also think about how it could be better and more efficient, with the confidence to make recommendations and push back when changes are needed in workflows or systems;
- Ability to learn new things quickly, especially web-based softwares and apps;
- Able to provide clear information in a timely way to support internal or client decisions;
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute, and possess strong working knowledge of Google/G Suite;
- An openness to constructive, supportive feedback and a commitment to consistently improve;
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have worked as a HRBP at a PEO or payroll company, supporting small businesses with under 100 employees; OR worked as a HRBP at a large company with multiple business units of varying size and work focus.
- Hold a Human Resources Certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR);
- Have successfully managed two (2) or more direct reports;
- Be experienced in an entrepreneurial environment, preferably within the first five years of a company; and
- Be experienced with online tools including at least three of the following: Asana, Harvest, Docusign, Echosign, HelloSign, RingCentral, UberConference, HRIS systems, BambooHR, web-based payroll systems, PEO software, Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Why work at Your Other Half?
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and self-management).
- We are committed to our team’s professional development, and have team-lead professional development sessions twice per month.
- We have fun in our work every day, celebrate wins often, and view failure as an opportunity to grow better together.
- If successful in this role, you may have an opportunity for a full-time role at our company, which provides the additional benefits of:
– Paid time off;
– Paid holidays;
– Full-time schedule of 30-35 hours per week;
– Medical, dental and vision benefits; and
– Annual professional development fund, to earn education, certifications or skills for your growth.
Position type: This position is approximately 30-35 hours per week. There is a contingency period of 90 days, after the 90 days are successfully completed, full-time benefits may be offered but this is not guaranteed.
Position start date: November 8th – January 10th
Position compensation: $23-26 per hour
Position Location: This is a remote position, but the employee must be based in the U.S. and eligible to work in the U.S.
Reports to: CEO
To apply for this job please visit yourotherhalfsolutions.recruitee.com.