Career Empowerment is our focus!No matter what stage of your career, our goal is to bridge the gap of support in the professional development, mentor access, and leadership training by providing career tools, resources, and a strong network to help you strategically manage your career, navigate the workplace and thrive professionally.
- Whether you are in an entry-level or c-suite position, an entrepreneur or a celebrity, all of us are Black Career Women.
- Career Empowerment begins when you gain clarity of who you are professionally and believing in the value of your worth.
- Changing the perceptions and stereotypes of how Black Women are perceived in and out of the workplace.
- Pulling back the layers of fear and negative self-beliefs to build confidence so you can define your own career path.
- Talking about challenging workplace issues that can delay you from reaching your full potential.
Essence Magazine: Black Women at Work Study
- 80% of Black Women feel adjustments are necessary to be successful at work
- 57% agree they have to look a certain way to be promoted vs. only 39% of non-Hispanic Whites
- 47% feel they must censor the things they say or do at work in order to be successful vs. 27% of non-Hispanic Whites
Source: Added Value Cheskin
While Black women tend to have a great deal of confidence, they must deal with negative stereotypes of Black women which makes them feel they need to either “dial up or dial down portions of their identity so as to appear as professional as possible,” reports Target Market News.