Website Big Bowl of Ideas, Inc.
A black-owned creative public affairs production house in LA.
If you like doing good for the world and generating the resources to do so simultaneously, we’re talking to people who have a real knack for generating business and grants that advance our mission to create dynamic culturally competent and design forward solutions for social change.
Big Bowl of Ideas is looking for a full-time Development Manager that will:
- Build the development arm of our company by advancing our funder research and proposal generating capacity for large scale projects.
- Lead on B2B efforts to market to and secure leads for new business opportunities — particularly with government institutions and socially responsible corporations.
- Assist our current and prospective nonprofit clients on finding funding solutions for creative communications projects.
Big Bowl of Ideas is a creative strategic communications and public affairs agency headquartered in Los Angeles. Our primary areas of work are in:
- Advocacy Marketing
- Experience Design
- Strategic Storytelling
- Artists Engagement
- Dynamic Digital Content
- Popularizing Policy Analyses
Clients have included The New Georgia Project, NEA, Policy Link, Roosevelt Institute, SEIU, Enterprise Community Partners, Grand Performances, AFL-CIO, Raise the Wage Campaign and the ‘Stop Telling Women to Smile’ art awareness project, among others. See our website at www.bboi.us for more information about our past work.
As unabashedly proud marketeers for justice, we’ve generated artistic and popular culture content for a variety of progressive causes, often working with in-house communications teams. We provide creative communications strategies for nonprofits, government agencies, political campaigns and socially responsible businesses.
Responsibilities of this Position
- Be the primary driver of Development for Big Bowl of Ideas. You will be a champion for the company’s mission, and work to grow our client base.
- Build on existing research on grant or B2B opportunities in the fields of social justice, economic justice, arts, media and movement building for projects and initiatives that operate at the axis of culture for social change.
- Lead the planning and preparation of proposals, reports, and other materials for a range of institutional and individual funding opportunities or current client needs.
- Collaborate with the design team to support the development of online and print communications collateral for potential donors and other external partners, as needed; your ‘making a great deck’ game should be particularly strong.
- Develop other materials and assist with other grant projects as needed.
- Research potential grant makers and present opportunity summaries to Management; help prioritize and evaluate new foundation, corporate, government, and individual funding prospects.
- Coordinate with Development teams of individual current or prospective clients on crafting proposals for dynamic Big Bowl of Ideas concepts.
- As applicable to the proposal, reporting, and research processes this role supports, track grant deadlines to support timely submission of materials to funders.
Relevant Skills and Experience
- BA or MA in Business Administration or Business Management, or 3+ years work experience in building and leading development teams, in the nonprofit or B2B sales worlds.
- You are an extremely strong communicator. You know when transparency or discretion are needed with clients and stakeholders, and can switch between the two seamlessly.
- Startup/Small Business experience preferred. You’ve worn many hats in order to get the job done, understand the need for flexibility, and can handle high stress situations with ease.
- Strong writing for business or proposals skills. You know how to make a pitch and can present to the highest level of management.
- Resourceful researcher. You’re crafty enough to get something seen by anyone.
Familiarity or experience in the worlds of art, design, video and event production. Ability to communicate or present about the elements within those worlds with ease.
- Commitment and dedication to social and economic justice and making the world a better place.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit bboi.us.