works to protect the health and safety of Pacific Northwest.
Organizational Overview: Columbia Riverkeeper (Riverkeeper) is a successful nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and restoring the Columbia River watershed. Riverkeeper has offices in Hood River and Portland, Oregon. Riverkeeper is a leader in high-profile campaigns to protect our region from fossil fuel infrastructure, toxic pollution, the Hanford Nuclear Site, and other threats facing Columbia River communities and salmon habitat.
Location: Hood River, OR Status: Paid Internship (part-time, temporary) Hours & Duration: 5 to 10 hours per month from May through September 2021. The work is independent and the schedule is flexible. Position Description: Help promote healthy river contact and inform the public on safe places to swim. Riverkeeper seeks a responsible individual to serve as our E.coli technician from May to September (5-10 hours/month) in Hood River, OR. Technicians will become experts in E.coli monitoring techniques and methods. Prior experience with E.coli monitoring is not required. Attention to detail and ability to work independently is a must. Experience gained through this position will greatly benefit persons looking to further a career in water resources.
● Maintain E.coli lab equipment at Riverkeeper’s Hood River office
● Collect and process weekly water samples from Columbia River sites
● Follow a strict sample collection protocol ● Enter data and manage Riverkeeper’s E. coli database
● Post up-to-date results on Riverkeeper’s Swim Guide app Qualifications:
● Ability to swim and cognizant of safety precautions when wading in the river
● Work independently and with limited oversight
● Detail-oriented regarding equipment, field protocols, and data entry No goods or services were provided in exchange for this contribution.
Columbia Riverkeeper is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN 91-1583492. COLUMBIA RIVERKEEPER 407 Portway Ave, Suite 301 Hood River, OR 97031 (541) 387-3030 columbiariverkeeper.org Follow us on social media!
● Passion for rivers and clean water
● Represent Riverkeeper in a friendly and professional manner
● Valid driver’s license
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel Compensation: $20 per hour not to exceed $1,500 total.
Application deadline: April 9, 2021 How to apply: Send an email to Lorri Epstein, Lorri@columbiariverkeeper.org. Please include the position title and location in the email subject line. The email should include a single pdf attachment that contains a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. Please label your single pdf file in the following format: YOUR LAST NAME, YOUR FIRST NAME.
Columbia Riverkeeper is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org