Specialist, Water Stewardship
6-month contract role with the potential to transition to a full-time position
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This individual plays a key role supporting our public private partnership, the USAID Gap Inc. Women + Water Alliance, a collective action initiative with four implementing nonprofit partners working together to empower women and communities in cotton-growing and textile-manufacturing regions in India to improve their access to water and sanitation. This role will support our work towards our ambitious goal to empower 2 million people to improve their access to water and sanitation by 2023.
This is a US-based, 6-month contract role with the potential to transition to a full-time position.
What you’ll do
- Work with both external stakeholders and internal stakeholders to develop and implement Gap Inc.’s Water Leadership positioning and approach across ESG, sustainable sourcing, and brand sustainability teams.
- Support the program management for the Women + Water Alliance, coordinating with program partners on USAID reporting deliverables and record-keeping, audits and due diligence, stakeholder presentation preparation, and supporting on financial reporting.
- Collect data and impact stories for external reporting and communications opportunities.
- Support core Water team across geographies (US and India) and coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders for ongoing integration through direct touchpoints and streamlined processes and systems.
- Monitor market developments and corporate benchmarking for best practices ensuring that Gap Inc. continues to drive industry leadership in water stewardship.
Who you are
- 4+ years’ experience in related field and/or organization in international development, nonprofit, philanthropy, or corporate sustainability. Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline a plus.
- Experience working with USAID, public private partnerships, or international development initiatives a strong plus.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously under minimal supervision. Proactively seeks solutions and pays close attention to detail.
- Strong, demonstrated project coordination and timeline management experience.
- Experience managing grants and budgets.
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business, and across time zones as necessary. Ability to adapt style to a variety of cultural perspectives.
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- US-based, 6-month contract with potential to transition to a full-time position.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Desired start: October, 2021 or as soon as possible.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fifteenth consecutive year and have been included in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.