Position: Registrar Support Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Campus Support
Location: STRIVE Prep- Central Office (Denver, CO)
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000*
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
Core Beliefs – Achievement
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs – Justice
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias, and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body, mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each person can bring their full, authentic self.
Core Beliefs – Perseverance
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing the right thing even when the road is tough.
Do you want to play an integral role in a best-in-class school culture focused on completing graduation requirements on time and positioning students for success in post-secondary education?
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Registrar Support Coordinator is a new role that will be a key player to our campus registrars who are the central point of contact for student scheduling and tracking student progress on the path to graduation in our STRIVE Prep High Schools. The Registrar Support Coordinator ensures registrars have the inputs they need to accurately schedule students, accurately transcript grades at the end of each semester, drive the process of credit recovery, liaisons with post-secondary institution partners on concurrent enrollment courses, and leads 1:1 consultations with students on progress toward graduation. The Registrar Support Coordinator is a consummate professional in a fast-paced school environment with strong dispositions toward customer service and meticulous tracking of the data and artifacts that relate to on-time graduation and post-secondary success. The highly qualified candidate will have requisite skill sets to be able to differentiate support needs for each campus.
THE MUST HAVES
Do the following must haves resonate with how you are wired and demonstrable in your unique talents and experiences? If so, we invite you to apply and can’t wait to learn more about you!
- Comfort and grace working in fast-paced school environments
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Ability to meaningfully engage and empathize with scholars and families on matters of schedules, credits earned, and progress toward graduation.
- Proficiency with general office technologies including email, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with data management systems.
- Proficient in oral and written communication in both English and Spanish.
- Thought partner with registrars to develop Master Schedules in collaboration with Principal and AP of Operations
- Support with creating student schedules that are aligned to graduation requirements
- Support with Concurrent Enrollment placement and registration
- Support with managing schedule request process and schedule changes
- Work with the Director of Campus support to ensure that all classes are coded and weighted properly in our student information system of record (Infinite Campus).
- Support with ensuring student grades and credits earned are accurately applied to transcripts at the end of each term.
- Support the campus with communications with the DPS Transcripts team to resolve any transcript discrepancies.
- Support students and other STRIVE administrators in producing and distributing current transcripts, including uploads into web-based college readiness platforms.
On Track to Graduate:
- Thought partner with registrars to track student progress toward graduation requirements.
- Supports 1:1 consultations with students to review and remediate progress toward graduation
- Auditing Transcripts for graduation requirements
- Be a liaison between STRIVE Prep and DPS to resolve incidents related to Infinite Campus.
- Support with ensuring that student records are complete and conform to state standards and procedures, protecting the confidentiality of student information.
- Maintains current knowledge of all DPS Registrar processes and systems through ongoing professional development and district-/network-sponsored training events.
- Supports Director of Campus Support with audits of IC gradebooks and course catalogs.
- Support with school events such as back-to-school night, welcome events, and parent-teacher conferences.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Fluent in oral and written English and Spanish (required).
- Demonstrates capacity to problem-solve, manage logistics, and coordinate details in a fast-paced environment that directly supports a STRIVE Prep campus.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, high-stakes relationship, and engagements simultaneously, with a high degree of personal accountability and professionalism.
- Is passionate about educational equity and dedicated to academic success for all students.
- Is committed to constant growth and reflection through regular coaching and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred).
- Proficient in the use of basic business software and Google Suite (required) and student information systems including Infinite Campus (strongly preferred). Advanced spreadsheet skills (strongly preferred).
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of registration and student file requirements, policies, and procedures, including origination and compilation student records, campus course/activity schedules, and matriculation and graduation requirements. (strongly preferred)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of required experience and other relevant factors allowable by Colorado law and STRIVE Prep policy.
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical coverage
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in the Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) pension program (in lieu of Social Security tax) with an option to elect into a competitive 401(k) plan.
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful completion of a full school year
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Vacation Time (PVT) for Central Office staff
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.